Rochester Electronics is proud to be an industry leader in the fight against counterfeit and sub-standard semiconductors. An authorized source remains the best protection from counterfeit and sub-standard devices! No amount of testing and screening can give the same 100% assurance.
- In 2006, Rochester launched a comprehensive anti-counterfeit awareness campaign when the rest of the industry was convinced that the problem was not serious enough. Rochester initiated the formation of the Semiconductor Industry Association [SIA] Anti-Counterfeiting Task Force (ACTF) and organized a well-attended symposium, which hosted speakers from industry and government.
- Rochester hosts and funds the Electronics Authorized Directory, a comprehensive listing of more than 200 original manufacturers and their authorized distributors. This website, initiated through a partnership between Rochester and the SIA, is an easy-to-use online tool that lists every authorized distributor of a semiconductor according to original manufacturer and country. The directory provides two quick and easy worldwide search tool options to help buyers locate authorized distributors, search by semiconductor manufacturer, or search by part number. www.authorizeddirectory.com
- Rochester is active in industry associations that promote best purchasing practices and disseminate information about combating counterfeiting:
- Semiconductor Industry Association (SIA) in the US
- Electronic Components Industry Association (ECIA) in the US (formerly NEDA and ECA)
- Component Obsolescence Group (COG) in the United Kingdom and Germany)
- National Microelectronics Institute (NMI) in the United Kingdom
- Chinese Reliable Electronic Component Supplier (RECS) in China