Rochester Electronics, LLC GDPR Privacy Statement
We Thank You for selecting Rochester Electronics as your semiconductor goods and services provider!
Rochester Electronics is committed to safeguarding the information and privacy of our customers from which we collect and process data. This notice provides information and clarity on how your account data is handled by Rochester Electronics, LLC.
1. Basis for collecting and processing data.
For Rochester to respond to general inquiries or to provide your requested products and services, we need to know and to collect certain types of data. We also acknowledge our services may be partially or purely informational to help guide you in product research, selection, and in some cases education. This data is collectively referred to as your account. Our legal bases for the collection and processing of your data are:
- Contract – We provide semiconductor products and services in business to business engagements via agreements detailing products, quantity, price, shipping locations, and address. This information enables us to fulfill our obligations to those customers.
- Consent – To make it possible for our customers to purchase our goods and services, they consent to the collection of only necessary material information including email addresses, phone numbers, names, payment information, and shipping addresses to enable the delivery of these goods and fulfillment of these services (Without this data business transactions could not take place).
- Legitimate Interests – The goods and services we provide to customers includes product information, product availability, and stock status; information which is necessary for our customers to meet their obligations to their customers. Keeping them informed of alternate or optional products, ‘end of life’ notices, shortages, and new product introductions/demonstrations is key to both ours and their success.
2. Types of necessary data
To permit business to business transactions of our goods and services we ask you to provide to us:
- Business Name, Billing Address, VAT/Tax ID number, and Post code
- Business contact or representative information including first and last name, email address, telephone, and fax number
- Payment information including bank account routing, payment card data, or credit line documentation
- Shipping information including product End Use Statements, Customs Declarations, shipping destination (domestic), destination country, receiver information, export control docs, permits, and exemption docs
- In certain circumstances, additional data may be required so we can fulfill our responsibilities to you
3. International Transfers of Data
Rochester Electronics is a global business with offices located in the United States, Europe, The Middle East & Africa (EMEA), Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Japan. Our Worldwide headquarters, warehousing, inventory, and accounting services are physically located in Newburyport, Massachusetts, USA. All order processing, billing, and fulfillment is performed at our worldwide headquarters.
4. Retaining and Deleting of your account data
- Retaining - Rochester will retain and manage your data only for a duration and in a manner necessary to honor our requirements, interests, and contractual obligations to our customers and to the extent required to comply with any and all legal and compliance requirements.
- Reporting – Rochester; upon receipt and verification of you the requestor, will deliver to you a report of what data we have and where it is used.
- Deleting* – Rochester; upon receipt of your written request and verification of you the requestor, will remove the data specified in your removal request. Notwithstanding any other provision or item in this section or document, we will retain your data where retention is required to meet a legal or compliance requirement.
5. Your Rights and Ours
- You may:
- Ask us to provide you with a report containing data relevant to you and in a format that is both understandable and accessible
- Ask us to not use your data for marketing purposes
- Ask us to correct or update your data
- Ask us to delete* your data
- We may:
- Update or amend this privacy statement at any time without prior notice
- Notify you of these updates or amendments via email at the address we currently hold for you
- Ask you to verify your identity in the event you submit a data request to us
- Respond to a subpoena or other legal demand, writ, or request to provide data without prior notice
6. GDPR Data Protection and Supervisory Authorities
Currently, twenty-eight (28) countries comprise the EU, and we will not list the contact information for all of the various Data Protection Authorities that oversee each member country. Should you want to reach out we recommend you perform a search using terms including your country name, GDPR, protection authority, and/or supervisory authority. Examples:
- Great Britain, GDPR, and Protection Authority yields the office of the Internet Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
- France, GDPR, and Protection Authority yields the office of the ‘Commision Nationale de L’Informatique et des Libertes (CNIL)
- Germany, GDPR, and Protection Authority yields the office of the Die Bundesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz und die Informationsfreiheit
- The European Data Protection Board (edpb.europa.eu) also provides this listing via their site. You can reach this by using the search terms ‘gdpr supervisory listing’
7. Our Contact Information
Physical/Postal Address: Rochester Electronics, LLC Worldwide Headquarters 16 Malcom Hoyt Drive Newburyport, Massachusetts, 01844, USA
Main Switchboard: (+1) 978-462-9332
Data Protection Officer: Paul King; firstname.lastname@example.orgRochester Electronics GDPR Privacy Notice