What is a Cookie?
A. To Operate Our Website. Some cookies are essential to the operation of our website. We use those cookies in a number of different ways, including:
- Fraud Prevention and Detection. Cookies and similar technologies that we deploy through our website help us learn things about computers and web browsers being used to access the website including during shopping cart use and checkout, and payment card authorization. This information helps monitor for and detect potentially harmful or illegal use of our website or services.
B. To Analyze and Improve Our Services. Cookies help us understand how to make our website and services work better for you. Cookies tell us how people reach our websites and also provides us insights into improvements or enhancements we need to make to our websites and services.
C. For Marketing Promotions and Advertising. Cookies can help us provide more effective advertising on our websites.
SECTION 2 - HOW YOU CAN MANAGE YOUR COOKIES.
Your web browser may allow you to change your cookie preferences, including to block, delete and disable Rochester Electronics, LLC website cookies. Please consult the help section of the web browser(s) you use or follow the links below to understand your options, but please note that if you choose to disable limit the cookies, some features of our websites or services may not operate as intended. The following links for the more commonly used browsers below are provided as a courtesy and were valid at the time of publication:
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/windows?os=windows-10
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/products/firefox/cookies
SECTION 3 - COOKIE TABLE.
Cookies that we most commonly used are listed below. This list is not comprehensive or complete by any means, but describes the main reasons we typically use these cookies.
These are mainly used for online shopping and allow you to keep items in your shopping cart or basket when shopping online. These cookies expire when the browser is closed.
Permanent (or persistent) cookie:
These remain in use, even when you have closed the browser. They remember things like your login details and password so you don’t have to type them in repeatedly.
3rd party (service provider) cookie:
these are installed by various third parties with the aim of collecting certain information to carry out various research into site performance, browser behavior, etc.
Your use of the site will be deemed to be your consent to the placement of cookies on your computer or other devices.
SECTION 4 - GOVERNING LAW.